Most read reports
- IOM Launches ‘Holding On’ Campaign: A Virtual Reality Experience of Internal Displacement
- Aid experts fear 'Cambridge Analytica moment' over big data
- Shrinking Natural Resources, Rising Insecurity Leading to Dire Situation in Sahel, Speakers Tell Meeting of Economic and Social Council, Peacebuilding Commission
- The Emerging Crisis: Is Famine Returning as a Major Driver of Migration?
- The Aid in Danger Monthly News Brief - October 2018
GENEVA (12 March 2018) - The Human Rights Committee this morning opened its one hundred and twenty-second session at the Palais Wilson in Geneva, hearing a video message by United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussein, and an address by Kate Gilmore, Deputy High Commissioner for Human Rights. The session was opened jointly with the Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights to mark the seventieth anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
28 April 2011
Experts to Review Reports of Germany, the Republic of Moldova, the Russian Federation, Turkey, and Yemen
The Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights will meet at the Palais Wilson in Geneva from 2 to 20 May to examine measures taken by Germany, the Republic of Moldova, the Russian Federation, Turkey and Yemen to comply with the standards of the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights.
GENEVA (19 November 2010) - A key UN human rights committee will adopt a statement* Friday - coinciding with World Toilet Day - which details massive problems relating to sanitation across the globe, and urging States to ensure that "everyone, without discrimination, has physical and affordable access to sanitation that is safe, hygienic, secure, socially and culturally acceptable, provides privacy and ensures dignity."
The Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights said sanitation is "a largely neglected topic," despite the fact that 2.6 billion people do not …