Most read reports
- The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2018: Building climate resilience for food security and nutrition [EN/AR/RU]
- El Nino Outlook – September 2018
- IDMC Mid-Year Figures: Internal Displacement in 2018
- Levels & Trends in Child Mortality: Report 2018
- Extreme hunger could kill 600,000 children in war zones this year
This Guide documents a community disaster risk management process developed by Focus Humanitarian Assistance (FOCUS) with the people of Gorno-Badakhshan to re-establish and expand community and individual capacities to plan for, respond to and recover from disasters. The process described in the Guide has had a demonstrable impact in improving local resilience to disasters. In particular, the process has lead to a clear empowerment of communities to take concrete steps to reduce the likelihood or severity of disasters in the region.