Most read reports
- IOM Launches ‘Holding On’ Campaign: A Virtual Reality Experience of Internal Displacement
- Aid experts fear 'Cambridge Analytica moment' over big data
- Shrinking Natural Resources, Rising Insecurity Leading to Dire Situation in Sahel, Speakers Tell Meeting of Economic and Social Council, Peacebuilding Commission
- The Emerging Crisis: Is Famine Returning as a Major Driver of Migration?
- Pneumonia to kill nearly 11 million children by 2030
This Guide documents a community disaster risk management process developed by Focus Humanitarian Assistance (FOCUS) with the people of Gorno-Badakhshan to re-establish and expand community and individual capacities to plan for, respond to and recover from disasters. The process described in the Guide has had a demonstrable impact in improving local resilience to disasters. In particular, the process has lead to a clear empowerment of communities to take concrete steps to reduce the likelihood or severity of disasters in the region.