Most read reports
- Food costs should cause “shock and outrage” as countries in conflict see spiralling prices
- UNHCR and IOM appeal to European leaders to tackle Mediterranean deaths
- The State of Food and Agriculture 2018 - Migration, Agriculture and Rural Development
- Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator, Mark Lowcock Remarks at Concern Worldwide 50th anniversary event: Conflict and Hunger How can we reach those furthest behind?
- Sexual Violence in conflict, recognizing two heroes who combat it
Abu Dhabi, 24 February 2009 - Delegates to the first Global Aviation Safety Conference for Humanitarian Air Operations, held in Abu Dhabi at the end of last week, were unanimous in endorsing the event.
The conference focused on aviation safety and the unique difficulties faced in transporting aid personnel and materials to sites that are often barely accessible.
"This was an excellent forum to explore and share the problems and solutions inherent in airborne humanitarian operations," said Cesar Arroyo, head of aviation safety at the World Food Programme (WFP) which …