Most read reports
- The State of Humanitarian Journalism (October 2018)
- UNHCR and IOM appeal to European leaders to tackle Mediterranean deaths
- Food costs should cause “shock and outrage” as countries in conflict see spiralling prices
- The State of Food and Agriculture 2018 - Migration, Agriculture and Rural Development
- 2018 Global Hunger Index: Forced Migration and Hunger
The scope and delivery of humanitarian assistance has changed considerably in recent years. Civilian need has dramatically risen, as demonstrated by the increasing numbers of people displaced within or outside their countries of origin or trapped in besieged or hard-to-reach areas. This has led to a significant growth in humanitarian operations, including a six-fold increase in official humanitarian funding, from the beginning of the 1990s to 2010.