Most read reports
- IOM Launches ‘Holding On’ Campaign: A Virtual Reality Experience of Internal Displacement
- Aid experts fear 'Cambridge Analytica moment' over big data
- Shrinking Natural Resources, Rising Insecurity Leading to Dire Situation in Sahel, Speakers Tell Meeting of Economic and Social Council, Peacebuilding Commission
- The Emerging Crisis: Is Famine Returning as a Major Driver of Migration?
- Pneumonia to kill nearly 11 million children by 2030
The efficient use of transport resources
such as vehicles, whether they are owned by the government or by the private
sector, is vital to providing access to services and markets. A variety
of studies, mostly conducted in the health sector have served to demonstrate
the benefits to be gained through the implementation of fundamental transport
management techniques. One such study highlighted that direct comparison
between weaker and stronger systems demonstrates that the better-managed
systems are 50 percent more cost-effective and efficient in supporting
health service delivery.