Most read reports
- Food costs should cause “shock and outrage” as countries in conflict see spiralling prices
- UNHCR and IOM appeal to European leaders to tackle Mediterranean deaths
- Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator, Mark Lowcock Remarks at Concern Worldwide 50th anniversary event: Conflict and Hunger How can we reach those furthest behind?
- The State of Food and Agriculture 2018 - Migration, Agriculture and Rural Development
- Sexual Violence in conflict, recognizing two heroes who combat it
February 27, 2014
HUMAN RIGHTS COUNCIL
Twenty fifth session, Agenda Item 3, General Debate
A written submission to the UN Human Rights Council by the Asian Legal Resource Centre
Throughout South and East Asian countries women continue to be subjected to unrestrained discrimination and violence. This includes verbal offences and intimidation, harassment, rape and sexual abuse, beating, and torture and ill treatment, perpetrated by police officers, soldiers, members of security forces, and other state actors.