Most read reports
- Statement by Jan Egeland, Secretary General of the Norwegian Refugee Council, ahead of the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony Monday 10 December, where Nadia Murad and Denis Mukwege will receive the prize
- Public health guidance on screening and vaccination for infectious diseases in newly arrived migrants within the EU/EEA
- Central Emergency Response Fund ‘Most Profitable Investment You Can Make for the Good of Humankind’, Secretary-General Tells Pledging Conference
- The humanitarian metadata problem: ‘Doing no harm’ in the digital era (October 2018)
- Launch of Humanitarian Insight
The 2017 Grand Bargain signatory reports on Workstream 2 evidence some encouraging progress on meeting the 6 localisation commitments to provide more support and funding tools for national and local responders. But it is slow and much of the progress is in the initial first steps. 4 signatories did not report anything on this workstream.
A new global network for local and national organizations was launched on 22nd May 2016, on the eve of the World Humanitarian Summit in Istanbul. NEAR (Network for Empowered Aid Response) hopes to close the widening gap between aid resources and people in need.