Most read reports
- The State of Humanitarian Journalism (October 2018)
- UNHCR and IOM appeal to European leaders to tackle Mediterranean deaths
- WFP participation at Global Child Nutrition Forum event: The world’s largest conference on school feeding
- Global Child Nutrition Forum celebrates 20th edition in Tunisia
- Food costs should cause “shock and outrage” as countries in conflict see spiralling prices
The 2017 Grand Bargain signatory reports on Workstream 2 evidence some encouraging progress on meeting the 6 localisation commitments to provide more support and funding tools for national and local responders. But it is slow and much of the progress is in the initial first steps. 4 signatories did not report anything on this workstream.
A new global network for local and national organizations was launched on 22nd May 2016, on the eve of the World Humanitarian Summit in Istanbul. NEAR (Network for Empowered Aid Response) hopes to close the widening gap between aid resources and people in need.