Most read reports
- United Nations, World Bank, and Humanitarian Organizations Launch Innovative Partnership to End Famine [EN/AR]
- ECOWAS forum urges modernisation of hydromet and disaster risk management services
- Crop Prospects and Food Situation, No. 3, September 2018
- African Risk Capacity Becomes a Member of the World Economic Forum
- A Future Stolen: Young and out of school
Natural resources, such as oil, diamonds, coltan and gold, can be and have been an engine for growth in African countries. The exploitation of natural resources in Africa has however, been associated in many occasions with unsustainable management, underdevelopment and violent conflict.