Most read reports
- IOM Launches ‘Holding On’ Campaign: A Virtual Reality Experience of Internal Displacement
- Aid experts fear 'Cambridge Analytica moment' over big data
- Shrinking Natural Resources, Rising Insecurity Leading to Dire Situation in Sahel, Speakers Tell Meeting of Economic and Social Council, Peacebuilding Commission
- Pneumonia to kill nearly 11 million children by 2030
- The Emerging Crisis: Is Famine Returning as a Major Driver of Migration?
Natural resources, such as oil, diamonds, coltan and gold, can be and have been an engine for growth in African countries. The exploitation of natural resources in Africa has however, been associated in many occasions with unsustainable management, underdevelopment and violent conflict.