Most read reports
- EU increases its humanitarian assistance – record budget adopted for 2019
- Aperçu du Financement Humanitaire en 2018 - Appels coordonnés par les Nations Unies
- Bachelet appeals for record funds to support UN human rights work in “an era of great turbulence.”
- Latinoamérica y el Caribe - Panorama Mensual de Situación - al 4 de enero de 2019
- Flexible funding allowed WFP to reach the world's displaced and forgotten people in 2018
The Centre for Conflict Resolution (CCR), Cape Town, South Africa, and the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung (FES), Berlin, Germany, hosted a colloquium in Berlin, from 30 to 31 August 2012, on “The African Union at Ten: Aspirations and Reality”.
The Centre for Conflict Resolution (CCR), Cape Town; the Centre for Strategic Studies (CSS), University of Botswana; and the Centre of African Studies (CAS) at the University of Cambridge co-hosted a research and policy seminar in Gaborone, Botswana from 25 to 28 August 2009 on the theme "Peacebuilding in Africa".
This volume emerged from a policy seminar
organised by the Centre for Confl ict Resolution (CCR) in Cape Town, South
Africa, in June 2007. The broader objective of the seminar was to explore
the development of continental and regional human rights institutions in
Africa. To ensure comprehensive coverage of the subject, six sub-themes
- African Perspectives on Human and Gender Rights;
- The AU's Human Rights Institutions and the Challenges and Imperatives of a Merged African Court;
- Regional Human Rights Institutions in Africa;
The 23rd report in CCR's policy seminar reports series examines the role of various African Union (AU) organs in monitoring children's rights in conflict and post-conflict situations. It further examines their linkages to specific child rights advocacy and monitoring mechanisms.