Most read reports
- EU increases its humanitarian assistance – record budget adopted for 2019
- Bachelet appeals for record funds to support UN human rights work in “an era of great turbulence.”
- Flexible funding allowed WFP to reach the world's displaced and forgotten people in 2018
- 30,000 Irregular Migration Deaths, Disappearances Between 2014-2018: IOM Report
- 3 ways to fix the way we fund humanitarian relief
Humanitarian crises – from the nightly news to the eternally forgotten – effect a punishing toll on millions upon millions of people. In response, UN-coordinated appeals for funding exceeded $22 billion in 2015, mounting more operations than ever before, and yet outstripped by the fear, suffering, and death of crisis. It is a sector bursting with talent and effort, and nevertheless desperately inadequate to face the task. It is past time for an honest conversation on humanitarian crisis and response.