Most read reports
- IOM Launches ‘Holding On’ Campaign: A Virtual Reality Experience of Internal Displacement
- Aid experts fear 'Cambridge Analytica moment' over big data
- Shrinking Natural Resources, Rising Insecurity Leading to Dire Situation in Sahel, Speakers Tell Meeting of Economic and Social Council, Peacebuilding Commission
- Pneumonia to kill nearly 11 million children by 2030
- The Emerging Crisis: Is Famine Returning as a Major Driver of Migration?
On the International Day for Disaster Reduction, the International Charter 'Space and Major Disasters' agreement with the UN (UNITAR-UNOSAT) is to be extended to include the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC).
The world's largest humanitarian network of 190 national societies will now have access to disaster mapping services based on satellite data supplied by the International Charter members.
The International Charter ‘Space and Major Disasters' is further strengthening its contribution to disaster management worldwide