Most read reports
- Levels & Trends in Child Mortality: Report 2018
- The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2018: Building climate resilience for food security and nutrition [EN/AR/RU]
- IDMC Mid-Year Figures: Internal Displacement in 2018
- A Future Stolen: Young and out of school
- Extreme hunger could kill 600,000 children in war zones this year
On the International Day for Disaster Reduction, the International Charter 'Space and Major Disasters' agreement with the UN (UNITAR-UNOSAT) is to be extended to include the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC).
The world's largest humanitarian network of 190 national societies will now have access to disaster mapping services based on satellite data supplied by the International Charter members.
The International Charter ‘Space and Major Disasters' is further strengthening its contribution to disaster management worldwide