Most read reports
- Food costs should cause “shock and outrage” as countries in conflict see spiralling prices
- The State of Food and Agriculture 2018 - Migration, Agriculture and Rural Development
- 2018 Global Hunger Index: Forced Migration and Hunger
- Working Together to End Child Marriage: How governments can end child marriage by accelerating coordinated action across education, health, protection and other sectors
- Las políticas sobre migración no deben limitarla, sino maximizar su potencial y minimizar sus aspectos negativos
Your Excellency Mr. Ban Ki Moon, United Nations Secretary General,
Lebanon hosts the highest number of refugees per capita in the world, with as many as 1.5 million Syrian refugees and over 300,000 Palestine Refugees currently living in the country. Five years into the Syrian crisis, the living conditions of both refugees and Lebanese host communities are continuing to deteriorate. This crisis, which is increasingly complex and protracted, presents significant challenges for humanitarian action in a country which has been facing recurring emergencies for the past 40 years.