Most read reports
- EU increases its humanitarian assistance – record budget adopted for 2019
- Bachelet appeals for record funds to support UN human rights work in “an era of great turbulence.”
- Flexible funding allowed WFP to reach the world's displaced and forgotten people in 2018
- 30,000 Irregular Migration Deaths, Disappearances Between 2014-2018: IOM Report
- 3 ways to fix the way we fund humanitarian relief
INTRODUCTION: ASSESSING THE INDEX
By Derek Verbakel and Marie Pavageau Research staff, IPCS
In 2016, India is likely to hit a sweet spot and come to be seen – despite a host of domestic debilities and external vulnerabilities – as an island of growth and stability. This year, several countries whose internal dynamics are acutely relevant to India will undergo internal transitions of one sort or another.
The latest in a string of strikes against
embassies and consulates across the world was the explosion of a car bomb
outside the Danish Embassy in Islamabad on 1 June 2008. In the period since
the 9/11 attacks, especially since America's invasion of Afghanistan,
there has been a spurt in the number of such assaults, including against
Why are they being attacked? Is there an underlying trend ? Will they decline, or are they likely to continue? Is there a way out?