Most read reports
- UN migration pact brings hope for people displaced by disasters and climate change
- Statement by Jan Egeland, Secretary General of the Norwegian Refugee Council, ahead of the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony Monday 10 December, where Nadia Murad and Denis Mukwege will receive the prize
- Public health guidance on screening and vaccination for infectious diseases in newly arrived migrants within the EU/EEA
- The Costs of Fuelling Humanitarian Aid
- Central Emergency Response Fund ‘Most Profitable Investment You Can Make for the Good of Humankind’, Secretary-General Tells Pledging Conference
Isabela Vieira reports from Agência Brasil
The Oswaldo Cruz Foundation (Fiocruz) confirmed Friday (Feb. 5) the presence of the Zika virus, potentially capable of causing infection, in samples of saliva and urine. Fiocruz President Paulo Gadelha says the new forms of transmission will be further studied from now on.
“This confirmation is of great significance as it changes the way we conduct research as well as its level,” he reported.