Most read reports
- EU increases its humanitarian assistance – record budget adopted for 2019
- Bachelet appeals for record funds to support UN human rights work in “an era of great turbulence.”
- Flexible funding allowed WFP to reach the world's displaced and forgotten people in 2018
- UNHCR appalled at news of refugee and migrant deaths on Mediterranean Sea
- Aperçu du Financement Humanitaire en 2018 - Appels coordonnés par les Nations Unies
Islamabad, 21 March 2012
World Water Day (22 March) highlights the urgency for governments, organisations and individuals around the world to preserve water resources, prevent wastage, use safe and less water-intensive products to enhance health and food security, says the United Nations.
The global day’s theme, ‘Water and Food Security’, establishes links between use of water resources for food production, use of unsafe water and its direct impacts on the health and nutrition of women and children, especially those living in rural and urban slums.