Most read reports
- United Nations, World Bank, and Humanitarian Organizations Launch Innovative Partnership to End Famine [EN/AR]
- Crop Prospects and Food Situation, No. 3, September 2018
- African Risk Capacity Becomes a Member of the World Economic Forum
- ECOWAS forum urges modernisation of hydromet and disaster risk management services
- A Future Stolen: Young and out of school
Islamabad, 21 March 2012
World Water Day (22 March) highlights the urgency for governments, organisations and individuals around the world to preserve water resources, prevent wastage, use safe and less water-intensive products to enhance health and food security, says the United Nations.
The global day’s theme, ‘Water and Food Security’, establishes links between use of water resources for food production, use of unsafe water and its direct impacts on the health and nutrition of women and children, especially those living in rural and urban slums.