Most read reports
- Vital protection for refugee and migrant children making perilous sea journeys to Europe urgently needed
- World Economic Forum 2019 Annual Meeting launching a new Humanitarian Investing Initiative
- UNHCR appalled at news of refugee and migrant deaths on Mediterranean Sea
- Bachelet appeals for record funds to support UN human rights work in “an era of great turbulence.”
- EU increases its humanitarian assistance – record budget adopted for 2019
EL FASHER, 21 October 2011--On this day, 25 years ago, the Organisation of the African Unity (OAU) achieved an important milestone by adopting the African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights. This was an historic moment in the advancement of the human rights agenda in Africa.