Most read reports
- Shrinking Natural Resources, Rising Insecurity Leading to Dire Situation in Sahel, Speakers Tell Meeting of Economic and Social Council, Peacebuilding Commission
- Pneumonia to kill nearly 11 million children by 2030
- Four years into its #IBelong Campaign to end statelessness, UNHCR calls for more resolute action by states
- IOM Releases Redesigned, Now Customizable Mobile App ‘MigApp’ in 4 New Languages
- The potential human cost of cyber operations: Starting the conversation
EL FASHER, 21 October 2011--On this day, 25 years ago, the Organisation of the African Unity (OAU) achieved an important milestone by adopting the African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights. This was an historic moment in the advancement of the human rights agenda in Africa.