Most read reports
- United Nations, World Bank, and Humanitarian Organizations Launch Innovative Partnership to End Famine [EN/AR]
- Crop Prospects and Food Situation, No. 3, September 2018
- ECOWAS forum urges modernisation of hydromet and disaster risk management services
- African Risk Capacity Becomes a Member of the World Economic Forum
- A Future Stolen: Young and out of school
As the UN reports that only half of countries are on track to achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), Mary Robinson, Graça Machel, Gro Brundtland, Ela Bhatt and Martti Ahtisaari support the Every Human Has Rights campaign and call for freedom from poverty as a human right.
Members of The Elders group of eminent global leaders and activists said this week that Governments must place a greater emphasis on protecting human rights if there is to be any hope of achieving the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and ending poverty.
Speaking in a series of exclusive …