Most read reports
- Pneumonia to kill nearly 11 million children by 2030
- Four years into its #IBelong Campaign to end statelessness, UNHCR calls for more resolute action by states
- IOM Releases Redesigned, Now Customizable Mobile App ‘MigApp’ in 4 New Languages
- Peacebuilding Commission Urges Member States to Keep Sahel High on Agenda, Foster Stability, Ensure Sustainable Peace
- Shrinking Natural Resources, Rising Insecurity Leading to Dire Situation in Sahel, Speakers Tell Meeting of Economic and Social Council, Peacebuilding Commission
As the UN reports that only half of countries are on track to achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), Mary Robinson, Graça Machel, Gro Brundtland, Ela Bhatt and Martti Ahtisaari support the Every Human Has Rights campaign and call for freedom from poverty as a human right.
Members of The Elders group of eminent global leaders and activists said this week that Governments must place a greater emphasis on protecting human rights if there is to be any hope of achieving the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and ending poverty.
Speaking in a series of exclusive …