Most read reports
- World Humanitarian Data and Trends 2018
- General Assembly Adopts 4 Resolutions Aimed at Strengthening Coordination of Humanitarian, Disaster Relief Assistance
- Public health guidance on screening and vaccination for infectious diseases in newly arrived migrants within the EU/EEA
- Agenda for Humanity Annual Synthesis Report 2018 - Staying the Course: Delivering on the Ambition of the World Humanitarian Summit
- Hike in record-dry months for Africa's Sahel worries scientists
Drawing on the RAPID Outcome Assessment methodology, this report examines the influence of Regional Hunger and Vulnerability Programme (RHVP) on policy in southern Africa and shares lessons learned from these experiences.
The United States is pushing ahead with ambitious plans to have 35 billion gallons of fuel from renewable sources in the next ten years. At present, the majority of bio-fuel is ethanol, which is produced from corn. Concern has also been expressed about the diversion of corn to ethanol production and the possible impact that this will have on US exports as well as the amount available for food aid to developing countries.