Most read reports
- UNHCR and IOM appeal to European leaders to tackle Mediterranean deaths
- The State of Humanitarian Journalism (October 2018)
- Food costs should cause “shock and outrage” as countries in conflict see spiralling prices
- The State of Food and Agriculture 2018 - Migration, Agriculture and Rural Development
- 2018 Global Hunger Index: Forced Migration and Hunger
Drawing on the RAPID Outcome Assessment methodology, this report examines the influence of Regional Hunger and Vulnerability Programme (RHVP) on policy in southern Africa and shares lessons learned from these experiences.
The United States is pushing ahead with ambitious plans to have 35 billion gallons of fuel from renewable sources in the next ten years. At present, the majority of bio-fuel is ethanol, which is produced from corn. Concern has also been expressed about the diversion of corn to ethanol production and the possible impact that this will have on US exports as well as the amount available for food aid to developing countries.