Most read reports
- Humanitarian and Country Icons 2018
- The Global Compact on Refugees is a positive step toward a better refugee response
- Public health guidance on screening and vaccination for infectious diseases in newly arrived migrants within the EU/EEA
- World Humanitarian Data and Trends 2018
- Hike in record-dry months for Africa's Sahel worries scientists
New report shows way forward for ambulances at risk
Geneva/Sydney (ICRC) – A new report, entitled "Ambulance and pre-hospital services in risk situations," sets out ways to make pre-hospital care and ambulance services operating in areas of armed violence safer. The report was unveiled today at the International Red Cross and Red Crescent statutory meetings in Sydney, Australia.
For nearly two decades the suffering, courage and commitment of landmine survivors has inspired and motivated the successful national and international effort to forever ban these horrific weapons. The plight of victims of cluster munitions has led to a similar international process.