Most read reports
- United Nations, World Bank, and Humanitarian Organizations Launch Innovative Partnership to End Famine [EN/AR]
- ECOWAS forum urges modernisation of hydromet and disaster risk management services
- Crop Prospects and Food Situation, No. 3, September 2018
- African Risk Capacity Becomes a Member of the World Economic Forum
- A Future Stolen: Young and out of school
February 19, 2018 (en español abajo)
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
February 1, 2018
Media contact: Brian Rawson, Asylum Access, Mobile: +1 617 283 8709
Oakland, CA, February 1, 2018 - Responding to the Zero Draft of the Global Compact on Refugees, released yesterday by UNHCR, Asylum Access Executive Director Emily Arnold-Fernandez states:
The UN Summit for Refugees and Migrants, this 19th September, has been called to tackle one of the greatest global challenges of our age: to protect and assist millions of people on the move in search of safety and dignity.
More than 20 million men, women and children have been forced across international borders by conflict, violence and persecution.