Most read reports
- IOM Launches ‘Holding On’ Campaign: A Virtual Reality Experience of Internal Displacement
- Aid experts fear 'Cambridge Analytica moment' over big data
- Shrinking Natural Resources, Rising Insecurity Leading to Dire Situation in Sahel, Speakers Tell Meeting of Economic and Social Council, Peacebuilding Commission
- The Emerging Crisis: Is Famine Returning as a Major Driver of Migration?
- The Aid in Danger Monthly News Brief - October 2018
February 19, 2018 (en español abajo)
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
February 1, 2018
Media contact: Brian Rawson, Asylum Access, Mobile: +1 617 283 8709
Oakland, CA, February 1, 2018 - Responding to the Zero Draft of the Global Compact on Refugees, released yesterday by UNHCR, Asylum Access Executive Director Emily Arnold-Fernandez states:
The UN Summit for Refugees and Migrants, this 19th September, has been called to tackle one of the greatest global challenges of our age: to protect and assist millions of people on the move in search of safety and dignity.
More than 20 million men, women and children have been forced across international borders by conflict, violence and persecution.