Most read reports
- The Costs of Fuelling Humanitarian Aid
- Public health guidance on screening and vaccination for infectious diseases in newly arrived migrants within the EU/EEA
- UN migration pact brings hope for people displaced by disasters and climate change
- Statement by Jan Egeland, Secretary General of the Norwegian Refugee Council, ahead of the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony Monday 10 December, where Nadia Murad and Denis Mukwege will receive the prize
- Central Emergency Response Fund ‘Most Profitable Investment You Can Make for the Good of Humankind’, Secretary-General Tells Pledging Conference
475 million farms, 84 percent of the farms worldwide are 2 hectares or less in size. In India, 47 percent of farms are less than ½ a hectare. Smallholder farmers provide up to 80 percent of the food supply in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa. Average farm size in almost all regions of the world is decreasing, further straining what little land resources smallholder farmers have.