Most read reports
- UN migration pact brings hope for people displaced by disasters and climate change
- Statement by Jan Egeland, Secretary General of the Norwegian Refugee Council, ahead of the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony Monday 10 December, where Nadia Murad and Denis Mukwege will receive the prize
- Public health guidance on screening and vaccination for infectious diseases in newly arrived migrants within the EU/EEA
- The Costs of Fuelling Humanitarian Aid
- Más de 150 países adoptan el Pacto Mundial para la Migración
The Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) launched in 2000 sought to halve by 2015 the proportion of the world’s population without sustainable access to improved water sources and sanitation facilities. By 2015, about 2.6 billion additional people had gained access to improved water sources since 1990, the baseline year for the MDGs, thus meeting the MDG target. However, 663 million people still do not have access to improved water sources.