Most read reports
- 30,000 Irregular Migration Deaths, Disappearances Between 2014-2018: IOM Report
- 3 ways to fix the way we fund humanitarian relief
- Los precios internacionales de los alimentos se mantienen estables en diciembre
- Flexible funding allowed WFP to reach the world's displaced and forgotten people in 2018
- UNHCR welcomes Malta disembarkation of Sea Watch and Sea Eye passengers, calls for better, predictable approach
by Tyler Graf
For the tired and sick, the scared and weary, those affected by conflict and poverty, the new year comes shrouded in mystery—the next 12 months are uncertain. But if we remember that hope overcomes fear, that medicine heals sickness, that knowledge empowers communities, and that faith invigorates the spirit, we know our path forward and can boldly break barriers to health in the new year. Here are the 18 ways that we will work to keep the world healthy in 2018.
FOR THE FISCAL YEAR 2014, WE RECEIVED OVER $193 MILLION IN CONTRIBUTIONS AND GRANTS. THIS ALLOWED US TO HELP SAVE OR IMPROVE THE LIVES OF MORE THAN 3.1 MILLION PEOPLE IN 30 COUNTRIES AROUND THE WORLD.
Organizationally, we are leaner and more efficient than our peers, due in part to the substantial participation of volunteer medical and dental professionals and work teams. Our proven processes and good stewardship of financial resources help us do more with less.