Most read reports
- IOM Launches ‘Holding On’ Campaign: A Virtual Reality Experience of Internal Displacement
- Shrinking Natural Resources, Rising Insecurity Leading to Dire Situation in Sahel, Speakers Tell Meeting of Economic and Social Council, Peacebuilding Commission
- The Emerging Crisis: Is Famine Returning as a Major Driver of Migration?
- Position Paper: Culture in City Reconstruction and Recovery
- Pneumonia to kill nearly 11 million children by 2030
This handbook is designed to serve as a practical guide for diplomats and lawyers involved in the negotiation and drafting of peace treaties and similar international agreements.
The handbook is divided into a series of subject matter templates, each contains a brief primer on the subject, a detailed comparative analysis of language used in previous peace agreements, model language, and a brief summary of the political context of relevant previous agreements. The following issues are addressed:
- Ceasefire agreements
- Transitional agreements