Most read reports
- World Humanitarian Data and Trends 2018
- General Assembly Adopts 4 Resolutions Aimed at Strengthening Coordination of Humanitarian, Disaster Relief Assistance
- Public health guidance on screening and vaccination for infectious diseases in newly arrived migrants within the EU/EEA
- Agenda for Humanity Annual Synthesis Report 2018 - Staying the Course: Delivering on the Ambition of the World Humanitarian Summit
- Hike in record-dry months for Africa's Sahel worries scientists
Thousands of people were killed or wounded in mine explosions last year alone, illustrating the urgent need for a mine-free world. Today’s International Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action Day remembers the victims and aims to call on the International Community to continue the efforts for an eradication of anti-personnel mines.
Foreign Ministry announces allocation of new funds for East Africa from the Foreign Disaster Fund (FDF)
Austria ups its aid to East Africa and provides Uganda with a further 2 million euros
Vienna, 22 July 2014 – Austrian Foreign Minister Sebastian Kurz made the commitment vis-à-vis EU Commissioner Kristalina Georgieva to dedicate 250,000 euros for humanitarian schooling projects to help children in war zones. One billion children currently live in areas where armed conflicts are part of everyday life; 300 million of them are younger than five years. They need help urgently.
Vienna, 18 November 2013 – The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) puts a focus on the global fight against HIV/AIDS. Austrian Development Cooperation has a particularly strong commitment to supporting UNDP projects in the fight against this global disease.
Austria becomes the sixth country to deposit the ratification instrument in New York
Vienna, 3 April 2009 - "Yesterday evening, Austria became the sixth country worldwide to deposit the ratification instrument of the Convention on Cluster Munitions with the United Nations in New York. With its comprehensive ban on this inhuman weapon, the treaty constitutes a milestone in the development of humanitarian international law.