Most read reports
- Food costs should cause “shock and outrage” as countries in conflict see spiralling prices
- UNHCR and IOM appeal to European leaders to tackle Mediterranean deaths
- The State of Food and Agriculture 2018 - Migration, Agriculture and Rural Development
- Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator, Mark Lowcock Remarks at Concern Worldwide 50th anniversary event: Conflict and Hunger How can we reach those furthest behind?
- Sexual Violence in conflict, recognizing two heroes who combat it
Thousands of people were killed or wounded in mine explosions last year alone, illustrating the urgent need for a mine-free world. Today’s International Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action Day remembers the victims and aims to call on the International Community to continue the efforts for an eradication of anti-personnel mines.
Foreign Ministry announces allocation of new funds for East Africa from the Foreign Disaster Fund (FDF)
Austria ups its aid to East Africa and provides Uganda with a further 2 million euros
Vienna, 22 July 2014 – Austrian Foreign Minister Sebastian Kurz made the commitment vis-à-vis EU Commissioner Kristalina Georgieva to dedicate 250,000 euros for humanitarian schooling projects to help children in war zones. One billion children currently live in areas where armed conflicts are part of everyday life; 300 million of them are younger than five years. They need help urgently.
Vienna, 18 November 2013 – The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) puts a focus on the global fight against HIV/AIDS. Austrian Development Cooperation has a particularly strong commitment to supporting UNDP projects in the fight against this global disease.
Austria becomes the sixth country to deposit the ratification instrument in New York
Vienna, 3 April 2009 - "Yesterday evening, Austria became the sixth country worldwide to deposit the ratification instrument of the Convention on Cluster Munitions with the United Nations in New York. With its comprehensive ban on this inhuman weapon, the treaty constitutes a milestone in the development of humanitarian international law.