Most read reports
- IOM Launches ‘Holding On’ Campaign: A Virtual Reality Experience of Internal Displacement
- Aid experts fear 'Cambridge Analytica moment' over big data
- Shrinking Natural Resources, Rising Insecurity Leading to Dire Situation in Sahel, Speakers Tell Meeting of Economic and Social Council, Peacebuilding Commission
- The Emerging Crisis: Is Famine Returning as a Major Driver of Migration?
- The Aid in Danger Monthly News Brief - October 2018
Statelessness and arbitrary (immigration) detention have been important areas of focus of my work since I took up the position of Council of Europe Commissioner for Human Rights in 2012. Across Europe, including in many of the countries discussed in the report, I have urged authorities to take action to prevent statelessness and ensure that people are not faced with further violations of their rights simply because they lack an effective nationality.