Most read reports
- The Costs of Fuelling Humanitarian Aid
- UNHCR donors commit a record US$926 million in initial pledges for refugees, internally displaced and stateless people in 2019
- Public health guidance on screening and vaccination for infectious diseases in newly arrived migrants within the EU/EEA
- Reaching those furthest behind
- UN migration pact brings hope for people displaced by disasters and climate change
Statelessness and arbitrary (immigration) detention have been important areas of focus of my work since I took up the position of Council of Europe Commissioner for Human Rights in 2012. Across Europe, including in many of the countries discussed in the report, I have urged authorities to take action to prevent statelessness and ensure that people are not faced with further violations of their rights simply because they lack an effective nationality.