Most read reports
- Shrinking Natural Resources, Rising Insecurity Leading to Dire Situation in Sahel, Speakers Tell Meeting of Economic and Social Council, Peacebuilding Commission
- Pneumonia to kill nearly 11 million children by 2030
- Four years into its #IBelong Campaign to end statelessness, UNHCR calls for more resolute action by states
- IOM Releases Redesigned, Now Customizable Mobile App ‘MigApp’ in 4 New Languages
- The potential human cost of cyber operations: Starting the conversation
Statelessness and arbitrary (immigration) detention have been important areas of focus of my work since I took up the position of Council of Europe Commissioner for Human Rights in 2012. Across Europe, including in many of the countries discussed in the report, I have urged authorities to take action to prevent statelessness and ensure that people are not faced with further violations of their rights simply because they lack an effective nationality.