Most read reports
- United Nations, World Bank, and Humanitarian Organizations Launch Innovative Partnership to End Famine [EN/AR]
- ECOWAS forum urges modernisation of hydromet and disaster risk management services
- Crop Prospects and Food Situation, No. 3, September 2018
- African Risk Capacity Becomes a Member of the World Economic Forum
- A Future Stolen: Young and out of school
SEATTLE – Oct. 7, 2015 -- It’s been nearly a year since philanthropist and entrepreneur Paul G. Allen pledged $100 million to help tackle the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, the single largest private gift to fight the disease. While critical progress has been made over the past year, the 2014 West Africa Ebola outbreak exposed significant gaps in the world’s ability to effectively respond to global health crises.