Most read reports
- Humanitarian and Country Icons 2018
- GMDAC: Over 6,600 Migration Deaths Recorded in Africa Since 2013 ‘Just the Tip of the Iceberg’
- Public health guidance on screening and vaccination for infectious diseases in newly arrived migrants within the EU/EEA
- The Global Compact on Refugees is a positive step toward a better refugee response
- World Humanitarian Data and Trends 2018
The United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) Maritime Task Force (MTF) participated in a search and rescue operation at sea after receiving reports on Wednesday 10 October of a missing boat off the coast of Lebanon.
UNIFIL was informed that a small boat, allegedly heading towards Cyprus, was missing. UNIFIL tasked its Maritime Force to locate the missing vessel. On 11 October at 1130 hrs, UNIFIL’s flagship, BRS Liberal, found a small white boat northwest of Beirut in the area of responsibility of Rescue Coordinator Center Beirut.
We, UN and non-UN entities, re-affirm our determination to prevent future acts of sexual exploitation and abuse by our personnel.
We note the issuance of this Statement at the High-level Conference on Eliminating Sexual Exploitation and Abuse by UN and NGO Personnel on 4 December 2006 in New York, USA and welcome future endorsement of this Statement by others.