Most read reports
- EU increases its humanitarian assistance – record budget adopted for 2019
- Bachelet appeals for record funds to support UN human rights work in “an era of great turbulence.”
- Flexible funding allowed WFP to reach the world's displaced and forgotten people in 2018
- 30,000 Irregular Migration Deaths, Disappearances Between 2014-2018: IOM Report
- Guinea Worm Wanes to 28 Cases Globally; Ethiopia, Mali Report Zero Human Cases
Windhoek-Southern Africa is still battling to recover from the 2015/16/ El Niño-induced drought, which by last year had affected about 41 million people across the Southern Africa Development Community (SADC).
Two foreign nationals were on Tuesday found wandering around Oranjemund’s protected diamond area after they were allegedly dumped at sea and left for dead by a Chinese ship.
It is alleged that the two men, Mensah Ebenezer, 30, a Ghanaian national and Degni N’dri Rolano, 28, from Ivory Coast, were trying to make their way to Europe in search of greener pastures when things went wrong, as they were dumped at the sea and left for dead, forcing them to swim to a nearby shore.
By Deon Schlechter
More than 27 presentations were made in the plenary sessions from across the world while nine side events were also held, on drought management, before over 400 delegates finalised the Windhoek Drought Declaration. The declaration on drought was birthed during last week’s first ever African Drought Conference that was held in Windhoek.
By Irene !Hoaes
WINDHOEK - African Finance ministers tasked the management of the African Development Bank (AfDB) with the development of a paper exploring options to address the current food shortages in Africa that is also a global crisis, at their meeting in Maputo, Mozambique, last week.
minister of Finance Saara Kuugongelwa-Amadhila, who attended the meeting says no exact measures were yet agreed upon until the AfDB finalises its task.
Kuugongelwa-Amadhila says the role of the AfDB is to provide finance for whatever project these African countries want to embark upon in order …