Most read reports
- A Future Stolen: Young and out of school
- Crop Prospects and Food Situation, No. 3, September 2018
- Levels & Trends in Child Mortality: Report 2018
- The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2018: Building climate resilience for food security and nutrition [EN/AR/RU]
- ECOWAS calls for increased coordination to address security and developmental challenges in Sahel region
By Muaad Al-Maqatari
SANA'A — The Yemeni Interior Ministry has highlighted humanitarian abuses that African refugees undergo at various smuggling points along the Saudi-Yemeni border.
At these border crossings, particularly in Harad city, the African stowaways to Saudi Arabia have become easy prey for human trafficking gangs.
The gangs torture the refugees and make them call their relatives living in Saudi Arabia or in any other country to send them money.