Most read reports
- IOM Launches ‘Holding On’ Campaign: A Virtual Reality Experience of Internal Displacement
- Aid experts fear 'Cambridge Analytica moment' over big data
- Shrinking Natural Resources, Rising Insecurity Leading to Dire Situation in Sahel, Speakers Tell Meeting of Economic and Social Council, Peacebuilding Commission
- The Emerging Crisis: Is Famine Returning as a Major Driver of Migration?
- World Malaria Report 2018
The recent arrests of six people in Serbia suspected of human trafficking again brought to light the issue of illegal migrants crossing into the Balkan counties in order to make their way to EU member countries.
The Service for Combating Organised Crime arrested the six suspects for allegedly being part of a group that was assisting illegal migrants across the borders of Macedonia and Serbia. The migrants are mainly from Syria, Pakistan and Palestine.