Most read reports
- Shrinking Natural Resources, Rising Insecurity Leading to Dire Situation in Sahel, Speakers Tell Meeting of Economic and Social Council, Peacebuilding Commission
- Pneumonia to kill nearly 11 million children by 2030
- IOM Launches ‘Holding On’ Campaign: A Virtual Reality Experience of Internal Displacement
- IOM Releases Redesigned, Now Customizable Mobile App ‘MigApp’ in 4 New Languages
- Four years into its #IBelong Campaign to end statelessness, UNHCR calls for more resolute action by states
This study is an independent review but
one that the organization, Development Promotion Group (DPG), a Chennai
based NGO network, had indirectly spawned. DPG had commissioned Rajan Alexander,
the author of this report, to help them formulate thier Livelihood Strategy
in the Tsunami Response. During the exercise, they ended up struggling
to identify the big picture for alignment of their micro-livelihood strategies.
They then posed the key strategic question - What would a Built Back Better
Nagapattinam look like?