Most read reports
- Food costs should cause “shock and outrage” as countries in conflict see spiralling prices
- The State of Food and Agriculture 2018 - Migration, Agriculture and Rural Development
- UNHCR and IOM appeal to European leaders to tackle Mediterranean deaths
- Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator, Mark Lowcock Remarks at Concern Worldwide 50th anniversary event: Conflict and Hunger How can we reach those furthest behind?
- Las políticas sobre migración no deben limitarla, sino maximizar su potencial y minimizar sus aspectos negativos
In late September and early October, a delegation of Southeast Asian parliamentarians travelled to Belgium for a series of meetings in Brussels, and to attend the Asia-Europe People’s Forum in Ghent. The delegation spent almost a full week in the country to strengthen relationships with the European Union institutions and fellow NGOs, as well as to raise awareness of the troubling human rights situation in Southeast Asia.
MANILA – This week, ASEAN parliamentarians, lawmakers and refugee experts have convened in the Philippines for a series of refugee forums. Aimed at fostering an exchange of knowledge and regional perspectives on the refugee situation across Southeast Asia, more than a dozen Philippines MPs from across the political spectrum are expected to attend both forums.
JAKARTA — The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) must strengthen regional mechanisms to promote and protect human rights and ensure that all members of the ASEAN community can enjoy the benefits of regional prosperity, ASEAN Parliamentarians for Human Rights (APHR) said today. Otherwise, the regional grouping will continue failing to live up to the promises it has made since its founding.
KUALA LUMPUR, 7 August 2017 – ASEAN lawmakers urged regional governments today to do more to protect migrant workers and refugees, arguing that all members of the ASEAN community are entitled to basic rights and deserve to have their dignity and humanity respected.