Most read reports
- A Future Stolen: Young and out of school
- Levels & Trends in Child Mortality: Report 2018
- ECOWAS calls for increased coordination to address security and developmental challenges in Sahel region
- Human Rights Council holds a general debate on human rights situations that require the Council's attention (18 September 2018)
- The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2018: Building climate resilience for food security and nutrition [EN/AR/RU]
World’s First Platform to Unite Stakeholders on Water Stewardship Projects; Companion Guide Also Released
(29 August 2012, Stockholm) – The UN Global Compact’s CEO Water Mandate initiative today announced the launch of a global Water Action Hub – the world’s first on-line platform to unite companies, governments, NGOs, and other stakeholders on a range of critical water projects in specific river basins around the planet.
Más de 1.000 millones de personas carecen de acceso a agua potable. Dos mil quinientos millones de personas viven sin tener acceso a los servicios de saneamiento necesarios para reducir la exposición a las enfermedades relacionadas con el agua. El fracaso de la comunidad de ayuda internacional, de los Estados
This paper argues that access to a basic water
requirement is a fundamental human right implicitly and explicitly supported
by international law, declarations, and State practice. Governments, international
aid agencies, non-governmental organizations, and local communities should
work to provide all humans with a basic water requirement and to guarantee
that water as a human right. The paper is divided into the following sections:
- Is there a human right to water?
- Existing human rights laws, covenants, and declarations
- Defining and meeting a human right to water.