Most read reports
- United Nations, World Bank, and Humanitarian Organizations Launch Innovative Partnership to End Famine [EN/AR]
- Crop Prospects and Food Situation, No. 3, September 2018
- A Future Stolen: Young and out of school
- The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2018: Building climate resilience for food security and nutrition [EN/AR/RU]
- African Risk Capacity Becomes a Member of the World Economic Forum
Almost all societies have obstacles for
women participating fully as actors in politics, civil society and in their
daily lives. When threats to women's security are not recognised and measures
are not taken to ensure they are, women become marginalized.
In this report the Kvinna till KvinnaFoundation highlights security threats faced by women in conflict areas
divided into four separate chapters:
As a guide to the practicalities to rebuilding,
conflict resolving and other peacebuilding activities, this report provides
a model for women's participation at various stages and levels of the
peace process. The model is divided into three stages:
- During conflict,
- During peace negotiations,
- During the rebuilding process.
Drawn on numerous examples of women's efforts in peace-building and reconstruction, the handbook is intended as a tool for people working in areas affected by war and armed conflict and in the peace and rebuilding process.