Most read reports
- EU increases its humanitarian assistance – record budget adopted for 2019
- Flexible funding allowed WFP to reach the world's displaced and forgotten people in 2018
- Bachelet appeals for record funds to support UN human rights work in “an era of great turbulence.”
- 30,000 Irregular Migration Deaths, Disappearances Between 2014-2018: IOM Report
- 3 ways to fix the way we fund humanitarian relief
In 2017, there were at least 701 attacks on hospitals, health workers, patients, and ambulances in 23 countries in conflict around the world. More than 101 health workers and 293 patients and others are reported to have died as a result of these attacks
The fifth year of the Syria conflict was the worst yet for people as warring parties have continued to wreak havoc, increasingly blocked aid and placed more communities under siege. Russia, the United States, France and the United Kingdom must now safeguard the glimmer of hope that the cease-fire has brought to civilians, rather than “adding fuel to the fire”, warn 30 aid agencies in a new report.