Most read reports
- The State of Humanitarian Journalism (October 2018)
- UNHCR and IOM appeal to European leaders to tackle Mediterranean deaths
- WFP participation at Global Child Nutrition Forum event: The world’s largest conference on school feeding
- Global Child Nutrition Forum celebrates 20th edition in Tunisia
- World Polio Day celebrates history in the making
by George Bogden and Max Smeets
Japan, European countries, and the United States have a common interest in boosting United Nations peace operations. Japan has been a prominent supporter of a U.S. initiative to encourage participation in peacekeeping operations, but to date, Tokyo’s follow-up has been constructive but limited. For Tokyo and its allies, ensuring that the UN can handle today’s ugly crises is an unavoidable task.