Most read reports
- UNHCR and IOM appeal to European leaders to tackle Mediterranean deaths
- Food costs should cause “shock and outrage” as countries in conflict see spiralling prices
- Climate change and poverty in Africa
- The State of Food and Agriculture 2018 - Migration, Agriculture and Rural Development
- 2018 Global Hunger Index: Forced Migration and Hunger
We, UN and non-UN entities, re-affirm our determination to prevent future acts of sexual exploitation and abuse by our personnel.
We note the issuance of this Statement at the High-level Conference on Eliminating Sexual Exploitation and Abuse by UN and NGO Personnel on 4 December 2006 in New York, USA and welcome future endorsement of this Statement by others.
While the US is consumed with a $4 billion general election campaign, a slowly developing Tsunami of Hunger is rolling across a number of lands both near and far.
The New York Times recently ran a photo and story of a girl in Haiti rummaging through a garbage dump for scraps of food while another article devoted even more space to the trials and tribulations of organic food aficionados who are being hammered by the disparity in prices between organic and processed foods.
It is impossible to pin blame on any one cause for this situation but, applying my own 29 years' field …