Most read reports
- Statement by Jan Egeland, Secretary General of the Norwegian Refugee Council, ahead of the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony Monday 10 December, where Nadia Murad and Denis Mukwege will receive the prize
- Public health guidance on screening and vaccination for infectious diseases in newly arrived migrants within the EU/EEA
- Central Emergency Response Fund ‘Most Profitable Investment You Can Make for the Good of Humankind’, Secretary-General Tells Pledging Conference
- Global Humanitarian Overview 2019
- The humanitarian metadata problem: ‘Doing no harm’ in the digital era (October 2018)
BALTIMORE — Ahead of World Refugee Day on June 20, 2018, World Relief is challenging Americans to help refugees in the U.S. rebuild their lives by launching a free digital platform created to help anyone, anywhere become an advocate for the refugees in their communities.
What is harsh weather?
• Harsh weather conditions are defined as any extreme weather event associated with winter storms that may have one or more of the following elements:
• Strong winds
• Extreme low temperature
• Heavy rainfall/flooding