Most read reports
- Global Education Monitoring Report 2019: Migration, displacement and education: Building bridges, not walls [EN/AR/RU/ZH]
- World Malaria Report 2018
- IOM Launches ‘Holding On’ Campaign: A Virtual Reality Experience of Internal Displacement
- Galvanizing Power of Women’s Movements Driving Action Needed to End Harassment, Violence, Says Secretary-General, in Remarks for International Day
- Oxfam Intermón denuncia que 40 niñas y niños mueren cada hora en el mundo a causa de la diarrea
by Jessica Hubacher
By Rod Brooks, CEO of Rise Against Hunger
RALEIGH, NORTH CAROLINA, Oct 11 2017 (IPS) - The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) recently announced that the number of hungry people in the world has increased by 38 million in the past year due to climate change, conflict and slow economic growth. Given this setback, can we, in fact, end hunger in our lifetime? The answer is a resounding, Yes, we can. The first step is simply wrapping our minds around the reality that—yes—ending hunger is possible.
The Hershey Company and Stop Hunger Now again have joined forces in the fight against hunger. Following up on their record-setting event last summer, today more than 700 employees packaged 255,744 Stop Hunger Now meals for people suffering from hunger around the world.