Most read reports
- Levels & Trends in Child Mortality: Report 2018
- A Future Stolen: Young and out of school
- The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2018: Building climate resilience for food security and nutrition [EN/AR/RU]
- IDMC Mid-Year Figures: Internal Displacement in 2018
- Climate change and violent conflict: Sparse evidence from South Asia and South East Asia
By Rod Brooks, CEO of Rise Against Hunger
RALEIGH, NORTH CAROLINA, Oct 11 2017 (IPS) - The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) recently announced that the number of hungry people in the world has increased by 38 million in the past year due to climate change, conflict and slow economic growth. Given this setback, can we, in fact, end hunger in our lifetime? The answer is a resounding, Yes, we can. The first step is simply wrapping our minds around the reality that—yes—ending hunger is possible.
The Hershey Company and Stop Hunger Now again have joined forces in the fight against hunger. Following up on their record-setting event last summer, today more than 700 employees packaged 255,744 Stop Hunger Now meals for people suffering from hunger around the world.