Most read reports
- The Costs of Fuelling Humanitarian Aid
- UNHCR donors commit a record US$926 million in initial pledges for refugees, internally displaced and stateless people in 2019
- Public health guidance on screening and vaccination for infectious diseases in newly arrived migrants within the EU/EEA
- UN migration pact brings hope for people displaced by disasters and climate change
- Reaching those furthest behind
Concerns for hundreds of unaccompanied children sleeping rough in Greece this winter
NGOs launch roadmap for handover of refugee response to Greek Government
More than 2,000 unaccompanied children are on the waiting list for safe shelters in Greece, according to a new report by 12 organisations. The chronic shortage of accommodation for children is just one of the gaps in services that is worsening as the Greek Government prepares to take full control of the refugee response.
This briefing paper is the result of a joint effort by 12 national and international organizations operating in Greece. The aim is to explain the current situation for those stranded in Greece for over six months since the closure of the northern border and introduction of the European Union (EU) – Turkey deal.
Med Rumor Tracker is a project that collects all of the rumors among refugees passing through Europe. By identifying misinformation and hearsay and responding to it with relevant, factual information, NewsThatMoves aims to keep the refugee population at the forefront of our communication response.
The Rumor Tracker is a project of Internews, Translators without Borders and Action Aid.
Sign up for the newsletter to get English, Farsi, Arabic or Greek versions delivered to your inbox.