Most read reports
- The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2018: Building climate resilience for food security and nutrition [EN/AR/RU]
- El Nino Outlook – September 2018
- IDMC Mid-Year Figures: Internal Displacement in 2018
- Extreme hunger could kill 600,000 children in war zones this year
- Levels & Trends in Child Mortality: Report 2018
Over the past decade, the imperative of building strong national health systems has gained heightened global attention. The unprecedented resources made available for global health, and particularly for combating the major pandemics, have enabled countries to significantly expand the reach of life-saving health interventions.
As the responses to the AIDS pandemic change from emergency services to long-term care for those infected and affected and as the responses by governments and international and local organizations put greater emphasis on implementing country-owned, sustainable programs to community becomes increasingly apparent.