Most read reports
- Global Education Monitoring Report 2019: Migration, displacement and education: Building bridges, not walls [EN/AR/RU/ZH]
- World Malaria Report 2018
- Galvanizing Power of Women’s Movements Driving Action Needed to End Harassment, Violence, Says Secretary-General, in Remarks for International Day
- Oxfam Intermón denuncia que 40 niñas y niños mueren cada hora en el mundo a causa de la diarrea
- IOM Launches ‘Holding On’ Campaign: A Virtual Reality Experience of Internal Displacement
Republished with permission. © Post Publishing PCL. www.bangkokpost.com
Writer: Ramon C Bacani
Ramon C Bacani is director of Southeast Asian Ministers of Education – Regional Centre for Educational Innovation and Technology (SEAMEO Innotech).
It took 10 days for Raul Basa, principal of Cabalawan Elementary School in Tacloban City, to get to his school after Typhoon Haiyan struck the Philippines on Nov 8, 2013. The huge amount of debris left left by the record-breaking typhoon blocked all roads.