Most read reports
- Shrinking Natural Resources, Rising Insecurity Leading to Dire Situation in Sahel, Speakers Tell Meeting of Economic and Social Council, Peacebuilding Commission
- Pneumonia to kill nearly 11 million children by 2030
- Four years into its #IBelong Campaign to end statelessness, UNHCR calls for more resolute action by states
- IOM Releases Redesigned, Now Customizable Mobile App ‘MigApp’ in 4 New Languages
- The potential human cost of cyber operations: Starting the conversation
Plans call for more volunteers to help continent and trainees to study here
At the conclusion of a high-level multilateral forum in Seoul yesterday, Korea pledged to double its aid to Africa by 2012 and to share its development experience with the continent.
The second Korea-Africa Forum, which wrapped up yesterday, led to the adoption of the 2009 Seoul Declaration in which Korea committed to pump up its development assistance to Africa. Last year, Korea provided $107.1 million in ODA to the continent.