Most read reports
- IOM Launches ‘Holding On’ Campaign: A Virtual Reality Experience of Internal Displacement
- Aid experts fear 'Cambridge Analytica moment' over big data
- Shrinking Natural Resources, Rising Insecurity Leading to Dire Situation in Sahel, Speakers Tell Meeting of Economic and Social Council, Peacebuilding Commission
- The Emerging Crisis: Is Famine Returning as a Major Driver of Migration?
- Pneumonia to kill nearly 11 million children by 2030
2005 was a significant turning point in
the history of the Stability Pact, as the Stability Pact Office launched
a "regional ownership" process in an effort to strengthen the participation
of South and Eastern European governments in initiatives launched under
the Stability Pact umbrella. Given that the Stability Pact had been created
as a temporary instrument, the stakeholder governments and organisations
welcomed this step, and considered it crucial in consolidating the successes
that have been built up to date.