Most read reports
- World Economic Forum 2019 Annual Meeting launching a new Humanitarian Investing Initiative
- UNHCR appalled at news of refugee and migrant deaths on Mediterranean Sea
- Bachelet appeals for record funds to support UN human rights work in “an era of great turbulence.”
- EU increases its humanitarian assistance – record budget adopted for 2019
- Flexible funding allowed WFP to reach the world's displaced and forgotten people in 2018
In most emergency and reconstruction projects timber and bamboo are used as construction materials. As they are natural materials, they have unique properties and require special environmental, supply, logistics and construction considerations. Often humanitarian organisations are not aware of all of these considerations and mistakes are frequently made, leading to delays in response, costing extra money to put right and putting people’s safety at risk.