Most read reports
- Shrinking Natural Resources, Rising Insecurity Leading to Dire Situation in Sahel, Speakers Tell Meeting of Economic and Social Council, Peacebuilding Commission
- Pneumonia to kill nearly 11 million children by 2030
- Four years into its #IBelong Campaign to end statelessness, UNHCR calls for more resolute action by states
- IOM Releases Redesigned, Now Customizable Mobile App ‘MigApp’ in 4 New Languages
- The potential human cost of cyber operations: Starting the conversation
The handbook is designed to provide logistics
managers and NGO program staff with basic information and guidance in planning
and establishing a supply chain to deliver food aid. For this purpose,
it outlines the eight main steps required.
The handbook is intended to complement manuals, guidelines, and handbooks already developed and available to most PVO/NGO managers of food aid.
This book focuses on how to engage in humanitarian
activities in complex emergency situations. It is divided into the following
- Humanitarian action in the midst of failing, failed and pathological states
- Confronting the new political reality of humanitarian work
- Coping with critics, dilemmas and mistakes
- Politics and the humanitarian ethics.