Most read reports
- EU increases its humanitarian assistance – record budget adopted for 2019
- Bachelet appeals for record funds to support UN human rights work in “an era of great turbulence.”
- Flexible funding allowed WFP to reach the world's displaced and forgotten people in 2018
- 30,000 Irregular Migration Deaths, Disappearances Between 2014-2018: IOM Report
- 3 ways to fix the way we fund humanitarian relief
The handbook is designed to provide logistics
managers and NGO program staff with basic information and guidance in planning
and establishing a supply chain to deliver food aid. For this purpose,
it outlines the eight main steps required.
The handbook is intended to complement manuals, guidelines, and handbooks already developed and available to most PVO/NGO managers of food aid.
This book focuses on how to engage in humanitarian
activities in complex emergency situations. It is divided into the following
- Humanitarian action in the midst of failing, failed and pathological states
- Confronting the new political reality of humanitarian work
- Coping with critics, dilemmas and mistakes
- Politics and the humanitarian ethics.