Most read reports
- IOM Launches ‘Holding On’ Campaign: A Virtual Reality Experience of Internal Displacement
- Aid experts fear 'Cambridge Analytica moment' over big data
- Shrinking Natural Resources, Rising Insecurity Leading to Dire Situation in Sahel, Speakers Tell Meeting of Economic and Social Council, Peacebuilding Commission
- The Emerging Crisis: Is Famine Returning as a Major Driver of Migration?
- The Aid in Danger Monthly News Brief - October 2018
At a glance:
We directly assisted 2.3 million people across 23 countries.
89 cents of every dollar we spent went straight to our programs overseas.
We responded to 11 emergencies.
94 per cent of our staff are nationals of the country they work in.
CARE Australia 2010-2015
By CARE Australia
Financial aid from the Australian Government to help some of our closest neighbours mitigate the effects of El Nino has been welcomed. $9 million has been pledged to Pacific countries facing food and water shortages including Papua New Guinea and Vanuatu. However, continued assistance will be needed.
New Asia Impact Report provides greater donor accountability
CARE today launched the Asia Impact Report which provides a review of the impact of CARE’s work in Asia from 2005 to 2010. The report is the first of its kind in Australia and is part of CARE’s commitment to transparency, which is important for the 87 per cent of Australian donors who want to know more about how donations are spent.